• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet Explorer Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hektik100

Registered
I was messing around with different styles of logons and icons with style xp using windows XP pro OS. Now everytime i close windows Explorer i get an error and its asking me to send the error or just close it.. Do you guys know what this is all about? How could i fix it so i dont get this error everytime i close off an Internet exlorer window?
It seems as though the error doesnt happen all the time if i close off the window by right clicking the page and hitting close. I might not get an error all the time. But then sometimes i do. If i close it off using the X on the right top corner of the page, i get an error everytime.

Last edited:
if you want to turn off the error reporting,,,,,,,
start | run | services.msc | error reporting service | right click | properties |stop | disable | apply

jajmon said:
if you want to turn off the error reporting,,,,,,,
start | run | services.msc | error reporting service | right click | properties |stop | disable | apply

I did this and its still giving me the same prompt to send the error to microsoft or Dont send

SavageBasher said:
www.mozilla.org

Download firefox, all of you problems will be gone!

Is there any other way of fixing this problem because i dont really want to get another web browser. Ive used IE 6 for a long time now without ever having any problems. This is the first time ive had a problem with IE

If it were me, I would uninstall stylexp and see if that helps. Maybe something got mucked up with all your changes.

as far as

"www.mozilla.org

Download firefox, all of you problems will be gone!"

This seems to be a canned response to 'any' IE issue from numerous people, and it's getting old. Sure IE has it's issues and many of us use an alternative browser, myself included. Like he said, he said he doesn't want to switch to another browser and that's his choice, and hasn't had any problems using it up until now, when he was 'tweaking'.

jajmon said:
If it were me, I would uninstall stylexp and see if that helps. Maybe something got mucked up with all your changes.

as far as

"www.mozilla.org

Download firefox, all of you problems will be gone!"

This seems to be a canned response to 'any' IE issue from numerous people, and it's getting old. Sure IE has it's issues and many of us use an alternative browser, myself included. Like he said, he said he doesn't want to switch to another browser and that's his choice, and hasn't had any problems using it up until now, when he was 'tweaking'.

Uninstalled Style XP and it put everything back to normal settings and the internet explorer error is gone. I think it had to do with me changing the icons with Style XP. I decided to put the icons back to stock and it had a warning saying some of the icons might not work. This might have been where the problem started. Or something like that.

Well the problem is fixed. No problems with IE once again.

Reinstalled Style XP and loaded my old settings, but kept the icons windows XP style and everything is back to normal again.

Appreciate the help

Last edited:
daniel_dynasty said:
system restore?

He got it fixed w/o that,,,,,,,,

Hektik - glad you got it fixed.

et/all

See, firefox doesn't fix all problems. Don't be so blasted fast to to bash IE and say install some other browser. His problem occurred because of some configuration changes with the 3rd party sw he was using.

/end of rant/

Back