• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What speed Hynix RAM chips are these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prozak

Registered
hynix 315A

HY5DU56822BT-D43

KOREA

^^^thats what it says on the ram chips. Its distributed by a company called "Legend" and its a PC2700 512Mb stick.

So does anyone know if these are say...underclocked PC3200 chips??

Thanks in advance

BT-D43!
Actually these chips are rated for DDR500! They are nice, their only problem is they cant run in relaxed timmings...

Many companies have used them for valueram, like Kingston and you can get them cheap if you can search the valueram modules and pick up the right ones....so its no surprise this company u say distributes it as PC2700...just pick it up and you will normally hit 250MHz with 3-4-4-8 easily...
Maybe hynix just wants to get rid of them to replace them with the newer DT-D5 and they give it cheap so companies use them for valueram....in any case its a great deal for whoever can get such and does not have superexpectations (like hitting 250 with 2-2-2-5...)

Kingston sells KVR PC2700 with those bt-d43 chips as well and some of the guys have gotten upwards of 270 on Intel rigs. Most will do 260-265 with relaxed timings at 2.9v or so. The earlier chips, according to flapper and some of the other guys, scale a little better with add'l voltage than the newer ones, so yours (wk 15 of 2003) might respond to add'l voltage. These chips have been used in much of the early PC4000 as 250 is almost guaranteed. They are not known for tight timings, but a few months ago one guy reported getting 2-2-2-5 out of his KVR PC3200 dual pack so it might be possible to run tight timings, but not likely.

guys i looked on the hynix website and it seems the default voltage it 2.6v

if i jam it up to 2.8-2.9v will it fry the ram..or can these chips handle that voltage perfectly fine??

BTw thanks for replying guys. :D :thup:

Soften the timings to 3-4-4-11, keep the voltage at 2.6 and you should have a straight shot to 260+ (see sig). My max is usually 263 @ 2.7v, but Ive backed it off for summer (room temp = 80F :-/)

Also check my BIOS section for Hynix:
Hynix

^^ Also due check out the sticky in this section dedicated to NF7 BIOS, and please post your results. :cool:

hkp0lice said:
BT-D43 is rated for DDR433. That's what the 43 stands for. CT-D5 is rated for DDR500.
yea I was about to mention that ;) Its not *rated* but it always OCs past DDR500 with 3-4-4-11

Actually according to the Hynix spec sheets, the 43 stands for DDR400 at CAS3-3-3

Last edited:
AudiMan said:
Actually according to the Hynix spec sheets, the 43 stands for DDR400 at CAS3-3-3

yes it was designed for cas 3 ddr400 many of the bt d43 chips in the early enthusiast ram could run 275+ with enuff voltage... congrats

Back