• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x 512mb Corsair PC3200 XMS Twinx???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Hey all, just playing around a bit with overclocking, trying to raise the fsb, etc, what ram timmings should i use for this ram if iam aiming for 210fsb-220fsb? or even should i start em high and if there not stable lossen em or what??

Also whats a safe amount of Volts to put in em. using 2.90 and the mo, to boot up at 205x12 with divider auto, hoping for 12x220.

Start little by little with the FSB, and when it freezes, incres ram voltage just a little, and repeat.

Does anyone knows how many volts this ram can use safely?

Grov said:
Heh i was using 2.9vdimm. :eek:

i would say that 99.9% of DDR memories, can safely handle 2.9vdimm...

the only ones that come to mind, would be micron based memories..(IE OCZ EB series, or anything else with Mt-5b C/G modules), and they should be find there to, although, this might run hot, a simple fan cures this.

GL
-Jess-

Ah, ok, cheers mate.

But i t ake it you wouldn't reccommend putting any more through?

They both have heatspreaders, and my case is well ventilated.

i use 2.8v and i run my corsair xms LL pc3200 2x256 at 220 with timing of 7-3-3-3 or 11-3-3-2.5.....at stock it will run 200 with timings of 5-2-2-2 easily

Back