• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this stick actually PC3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busta`

I recently bought a stick of Corsair Value Select 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700 from NewEgg. It came, I put it in my computer, and was content. Today I downloaded both CPU-Z and Sandra 04 and they both told me that the stick was PC3200. I took it out and looked at it, but the sticker says "VS512MB333". Is there any way I can figure out whether or not this stick actually PC3200? I think it might just be a software error.

ddr speed can be misleding, they very well could be pc3200. if they get low thgey just remark pc3200 as pc2700 and presto. alot of pc2700 can run 225 all the way to 250+ depending on the chips.. you may be one of the lucky ones, krank her up and let us know how well u do guy..

Well the reason I'm asking is because I'm selling a stick of Crucial PC2100, and I will use the money and add a bit more for another stick of PC2700, but if my stick is PC3200 then I'll buy another stick of that...

only way of knowing would be to test it out and see how it does. some of the so called value ram can overclock quite hi. i bought 2x256 of kvr with bh6 chips for about100.00 last winter and they ran 240 @ 2.2.2.6. @ 3.2 volts. thats what this forum is all about, finding little gems for cheep and leting everyone else know too. u may have a little gem on ur hands. i sure hope so.. goodluck flapper...

Back