• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could These Be Micron?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZachM

I just got done helping my friend build a computer. He picked up 2 512MB sticks of Mushkin Value PC3200. I looked at the chips and they were re-branded with the Mushkin logo, but I saw some familiar numbers. Here's the full code.

MUD8608A8A -5B

That -5B looks like the Micron chips. Anyone know what these chips are, or what the this RAM normally comes with? It is rated at 2.5-4-4 timings.

Newegg link:
CLICK!

Last edited:
ZachM said:
I just got done helping my friend build a computer. He picked up 2 512MB sticks of Mushkin Value PC3200. I looked at the chips and they were re-branded with the Mushkin logo, but I saw some familiar numbers. Here's the full code.

MUD8608A8A -5B

That -5B looks like the Micron chips. Anyone know what these chips are, or what the this RAM normally comes with? It is rated at 2.5-4-4 timings.

Newegg link:
CLICK!

Mushkin Value pc 3200 line, should be mosel, i know mosel has a -5b series IC.....

Mosel-5B.jpg

EDIT: btw here is a ok list of DDR IC's(hasnt been updated in a while though)..

http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/DDRChips/DDR.htm

That "5" probably stands for 5ns ram (DDR400). Many of the manufacturers label their ICs with the chip speed (# = ns) and the revision (letter), such as Winbond bh-5 (or ch-5) being the DDR400 and bh-6 (or ch-6) for the DDR333.

1000/5ns = 200x2 = DDR400

1000/6ns = 167x2 = DDR333

or Samsung's new TCCD chip

1000/4ns = 250x2 = DDR500 (Actual speed rating for the TCCD)

Last edited:
Back