• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Port Forwarding Not Working with Lime Wire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dazzer

Registered
Hi fellas,

I have a D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router (firmware updated to latest version) and run Windows XP Pro. I have LimeWire installed on my desktop PC which connects to the LAN port of the router; the desktop uses a static IP setup in Windows and I have been successful with port forwarding for other programs, including BPFTP server, Emule, and Azureus (Bit Torrent client).

However, I cannot get LimeWire Client 4.0.7 Pro to work. By default LW seems to use TCP port 6346. I opened this up port up in the router for the desktop's IP (as I did with the other programs), but LimeWire couldn't connect to the Internet. I have tried an alternative port 6883, but with no luck. I tried the 'Force IP' option with port 6346, but again, no good.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dazz

Last edited:
Disregard,

I got it to work with the 'Force IP' option. I reset the program to factory default and used the 'Force IP' option. I must have had something set before that it didn't like.

Dazz

Back