• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-53 939, AV8, What Should I Be Looking At?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HungryForHertz

I'd like some quick responses please.

I want to overclock and get real good speeds, do I need over 3200 (3500, 4000?)? Geil, OCZ, Corsair?

Thanks.

Some of the best stuff out now is the OCZ EL PC3200 Platinum Edition Rev 2. It will OC to DDR 500 speeds and beyond no problem. They actually use DDR500 chips when they make it so I am not sure why they call it PC3200? Anyways it has very low latency and can run at very high speeds. I also have OCZ PC4000 Gold Edition and it sucks compared to this new stuff.

Allthough I am pleased with my A8v Deluxe I am not to happy with the weeny v-dimm of 2.8v & to top it off the OCZ mem booster I have is not compatible, also it has a 3.05v over current protection on the v-dimm. I tried to use a 50k pot smd grabber on it as insturucted by the fine OC'ers at extremesystems, but, for me, it didn't work, all I got was a black screen. Might RMA my #2 crappy MSI Neo2 and try for #3??

HforH just set your multi to 9 or 10 and set the v-dimm to 2.8 and see how far you can get the fsb. If you have lower oc'ing ram use the 11 or 12 muli's in the bios...all FX chips are unlocked form the factory. That way you can get the most out of chip & mem. 1.7v is the max for FX chips, I tried for a few minuties and ran prime 95 but my cpu temps went to 75c!!!!!! And that was under a XP-90!

I've bought the motherboard, Platinum Rev 2 and FX-53 should be good together. I'll try the mod when I want to push it that far. :sn:

Back