• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How-to? RAID 0 Setup on new WinXP Corp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toyomatt84

Ok, well when I have my system POST-ing, I have the floppy disk with the drivers for SATA RAID out and the WinXP disc in. When the XP is starting it's install process, I press "F6" when it says "Press F6 if you need to install third party SCSI or RAID drivers". Nothing pops up then, so I wait it out till the agreement pops up and I press F8 to agree. Then I don't see any alternate drives to select, like there should be. Atleast, that's how my mobo's manual says to do this. I have an MSI MS-6741 MicroATX mobo and 2 Western Digital SATA 200 gig hdd's.

Can anyone point me to some help on this? I will be using the 2 hdd's as the OS drive, and I can't seem to get past this point.

you have to configure your array before you install. You'll have the post screen, and then you'll have a screen to enter into your RAID setup. Once you have them set up as RAID 0, they will appear as one giant drive in Windows installation.

Would you by chance happen to be using a Logitech or MS keyboard that has an F-Lock button (like the "Elite" model of both?) If so, in order to use the F keys (F1, F2, F3, etc.) on your keyboard...you'll need to enable F-Lock.

You are trying to do it right - but the F6 is not processing for some reason... If it was, it would stop setup and prompt you to press S to install third party drivers.

Do you have another keyboard you could use? Press F6 repeatedly again and again when that is up... I usually keep pressing it until the system speaker beeps.

Figured out what it was, I have a USB splitter that goes to 2 PS/2 plugs. I just figured out that USB isn't supported in non-Windows. All fixed and rocking! :D

I just figured out that USB isn't supported in non-Windows
I'm not familiar with that MSI board, but you should have an option in the BIOS (normally under "Integrated Peripherals-->OnChip PCI Device", or something similar) called USB Controller. There should be two sub-options called "USB Keyboard Support via" and "USB Mouse Support via", both of which should have two choices available...they are "BIOS" and "OS". If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse connected, you should change the option(s) to "BIOS". If you have a PS2 mouse and/or keyboard connected, you should change the option(s) to "OS". This way you can use your USB mouse and/or keyboard in situations that may be called for before the OS is loaded.

Well, now the damn thing won't POST. WTF????? I was playing UT2004 for like 4 hours, and now it won't post. God damit. I hate my life.

It'll be alright. Your life is good. Watch Operah, or however you spell it, and you'll feel better.

Reset CMOS yet? Let us know if you have and if it gets you posted.

Did it crash while playing, or sometime after when you weren't around?

Sounds like your OC might be a bit stretched.

Back