• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mwave drivers on a Thinkpad 755cd...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

I just bought a Thinkpad 755cd that was loaded with Win 95b. The thinkpad's of this age came with the "Mwave DSP chip" which is a sound card/modem combo. The problem is neither the sound nor the integrated modem work, even after installing the Mwave drivers. When I test the sound, I get no sound and it tells me to check the "Audio Control". I click the "Audio Control" and it complains that the "Mwave System Sound Mixer is not installed." Please help me.

BTW, I don't care about the modem as I have a PC Card modem... I also rememeber having these same Mwave issues on my Thinkpad 760e that I sold a while back, but don't remember how to fix them.

What OS, I am running Win XP Pro on my thinkpad at home and it installed all the defaults and worked just fine :)

J :cool:

SpeeDj said:
What OS, I am running Win XP Pro on my thinkpad at home and it installed all the defaults and worked just fine :)

J :cool:
Win95 version B (old laptop). I'm going to try and install the drivers a different way later. Right now I need to catch some zzzz's :)

Reinstall Windows, I guess. The drivers worked fine in Win95b on my 755cx, and I don't remember doing anything special. Are you sure the sound's turned on in the Thinkpad config?

Damian said:
Reinstall Windows, I guess. The drivers worked fine in Win95b on my 755cx, and I don't remember doing anything special. Are you sure the sound's turned on in the Thinkpad config?
It doesn't even see the sound mixer so I can't turn the sound on :(

Back