• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with IC7 & 2.6C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bchur83

This setup has been running great for about 6months or so. I just recently upgraded to a dual Xeon setup, and swapped out my IC7/2.6C for my new Xeon setup. I just went to put the IC7/2.6C in a new case, and it powers up, but never posts. No beeps, nothing. I tried it outside of the case and still nothing. I thought I remember hearing that if it doesnt make any beeps, that the CPU is bad? I have tried 2 different sticks of ram, 3 video cards, and none of that helped. Do you think that the processor is bad? Or maybe the board. I know the PS is ok, cuz it works in other systems. Any Ideas??

Could be insufficient power (try reseating the ATX power connector and make sure the square 4 pin aux. plug is connected) or vid card (probably not if you've tried other working cards) or RAM (although with a RAM problem it will usually make a long beep or continous beeping). The last thing is a bad CPU, but if it was working before, you'd think it would work now. Did you pull the CPU out of the socket? If so, maybe a pin got bent or it's not seated all the way in?

I have also tried 2 different power supplies. A 450W Allied and a 350W Allied (I know allied = Crap, but its all I have around). Either way, it is the same PSU that I was using with it before. As far as the CPU, I did remove it after taking the board out of the old case, and checked all of the pins. None were bent. I reapplied AS Ceramique and still nothing. I have reseated it 3 times already, I know that it is getting good contact with the HS. I think that the chip may have died (Static?) I made sure to ground myself and placed the CPU on an antistatic bag while cleaning it. I dont have anything else to test the board with, or the CPU. I have narrowed it down to those 2 things though. Am I right about the no beeps usually = bad CPU?

Back