• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

super cool calculator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickmckay

Disabled
Hey, i was in the market for a like ti-83 +, then i thought, hey! I wonder if there is a computer program that will do the exact same thing. So are they are graphing calculator programs (that are cheap or free..)?

you can get a ti-83 emulator, but to use it legally you have to own a calculator and download your rom from the calculator

Xenocide is right, "legally" you have to own the calc. if you are going to get an emulator most definity get a ti-89! i have an 83+ and a 89 ti. OMG i love my 89ti, it does so many things!! solve this huge ugly polynomial...done. or find the limit of a function as x approaches infinity...done

Last edited:
nope they are the exact same. the 92 was meant to do split screen graphs. the 89 is just the "compact" version if you will.
i might not need my 83+ anymore, but i'll have to see. I might need it for the ACT.

KKAT said:
Xenocide is right, "legally" you have to own the calc. if you are going to get an emulator most definity get a ti-89! i have an 83+ and a 89 ti. OMG i love my 89ti, it does so many things!! solve this huge ugly polynomial...done. or find the limit of a function as x approaches infinity...done
here is an 89 rom:
http://www.masterwoot.com/math/Calculus.html

thats only the emulator, no rom. it would be against forum rules to post the rom anyways.

I just got me a ti-84+ , i love the thing. I still need to ad games and fun stuff, class gets boring lol. Anyone know any good physics programs for it, like velocity and arc and stuff?

KKAT said:
nope they are the exact same. the 92 was meant to do split screen graphs. the 89 is just the "compact" version if you will.
i might not need my 83+ anymore, but i'll have to see. I might need it for the ACT.

Its been a few years since I took the ACT, but I think they only allow basic or scientific calculators. After all, they don't want you to input a question on your calculator and take it out. If you don't need your 83+, sell it and buy a cheap scientific calc with sine, cosine, and tangent. That should be able to do anything the ACT throws at you.

darn, i can't use my 89ti on the act :(
however, the use of an 83+ is permitted:)

Back