• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which would yield better preformance overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterCraft

posted this in another forum but no responses after 2 days :(

see it here

along with good DDR2 ram, and the new 3.6 prescott processor w/ that socket type

or the p4c800-edx with prescott 3.4

also, wit hthe LGA board what are my video card options being as it doesn't support AGP (that i could find)

thanks!

Last edited:
I was ognna go for the p4c800 on a standard DDR board, but im thinking ahead, my question is would this setup overclock as good as like the p4c800 e dx and standard DDR memory, or would the DDR2 memory/processor overclock to faster speeds.

The LGA775 mobo will sure future proof your system and allow an upgrade path. I've heard good things about that Asus P5GD2 mobo link you provided. I would get the 3.4 LGA processor though if you went that route. This combo would O/C as much if not more than a P4C800/3.4E system.

batboy said:
The LGA775 mobo will sure future proof your system and allow an upgrade path. I've heard good things about that Asus P5GD2 mobo link you provided. I would get the 3.4 LGA processor though if you went that route. This combo would O/C as much if not more than a P4C800/3.4E system.

:)

What about ram/video cards, the board doesn't support AGP only PCI E, does that mean im Sol on a nice video setup for awhile? or just until they start making PCI-E the standard (which probly won't be for a bit longer)

also being as id be using a DDR2 400/533 ram, its going to be that much better of a preformer to isn't it?

thanks for the input :)

I was able to find a X800 XT PCI-E vid card. I heard the X700 series should be out soon if that's too expensive. I've seen the 6800 series out in PCI-E too. Don't know much about the DDR2. The Abit AG8 that I got uses regular RAM.

Back