• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hallelujah pc4800 is here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the u.s. has gotta be the biggest single market .one would think adata would have supplied this stuff long ago. but what the heck, its here. thnx gskill

flapperhead said:
the u.s. has gotta be the biggest single market .one would think adata would have supplied this stuff long ago. but what the heck, its here. thnx gskill

No more having to wait until "next week". Now go get that 300 you've been after.

Reefa_Madness said:
No more having to wait until "next week". Now go get that 300 you've been after.

thats a mouthful. this is almost anti-climatic .you probably know me better than anyone here (listening to me ***** about ddr600 not availible) now i gotta get my a** in gear and finish modding my ic7, and spruce up the prommy and see how this stuff runs..hehehehe.

Those GSKILL modules are the older ones. Onepagebook from xtremesystems claims he's releasing newer modules that do 2.5-3-3-7 @ PC4400. He also stated that it's quite difficult to get them to run PC4800 @ those timings and about 1 out of every 100 sticks do it.

Not all PC4800 is alike. ADATA is probably the best, as they are rated 2.5-4-4-7 unlike 3-4-4-7 of all the other brands. Plus they make 512 MB sticks. However they are expensive and still not available in the U.S., though Europe and Japan has them.

Did I miss something? ZipZoomFly has PC5400 (DDR2-667). I kinda get the impression from reading this thread that PC4800 is "the latest thing".

Back