• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fact or Fiction?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{pdX}Canadatron

I've heard a few times that Nforce2 based motherboards like to have memory timings ending in 11. (sorry forget the CORRECT name) Does anyone have any info on this? Some people have said that it opens up their ability to push FSB with timings like that? True? Just wondering if it's worthwile to experiment with. :p An example would be a timing of 2-2-2-11. Info?

Here is a link to a thread over at PCPerspective where this was being discussed. I have read articles on this and when the testing was all said and done, using a setting of 10 or 11 typically produced the best results. I have heard people say that under 200 fsb this will not hold true, but have not seen any testing with fsb below 200. I think that there is also a sticky on this subject in the AMD motherboard section of this forum. I just had ready-access to the link below. It is not necessarily a better thread, it was just more convenient to link.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?p=1928590&postcount=5

I can attest that the article is accurate from my own experience.... Reefa showed it to me a while ago and I found that my TCCD ram gets better bandwidth and stability using TRas of 10 instead of 11..... the same didn't hold true for my BH-5 as there was no difference between 10 or 11.

HousERaT said:
I can attest that the article is accurate from my own experience.... Reefa showed it to me a while ago and I found that my TCCD ram gets better bandwidth and stability using TRas of 10 instead of 11..... the same didn't hold true for my BH-5 as there was no difference between 10 or 11.

I can attest also. My memory is rated 6-3-3-2, but when I run 11-3-3-2, for instance my prime benchmark is quite a bit better.

It dosen't stand true for all folks, on my nforce2 system I don't get any bandwidth or stability change between 7-11, except that 8 won't post. So I just run at 7.

Just gotta play around.

on my ch-5 is stable at 2-2-3-6 is slower but more stable than 2-2-3-11

Back