• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need driver for Mustek 600 II EP scanner for Win XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prot

I need a driver for an old Mustek 600 II EP scanner. I have checked Mustek's site, but the only drivers they have for it are for win 3.1, win 95/98 and there is a driver for NT. I downloaded the one for NT but have not tried it yet, as I am really looking for the correct driver for XP or at least Win2K. I know it's an old pos scanner, but try to tell my dad that :rolleyes: I set him up with windows xp pro on a laptop with a 1Ghz celeron processor, so that's been working good for him, but now he wants to connect this old crappy scanner to it that he bought back 1995. I plugged it in the parallel port hoping that maybe windows would recognize it and install it as a plug and play device, but windows didn't even recognize it as being plugged in even. He has the cd that came with it, but the only drivers on it are for win 95 and win 3.1, so there was no way I was going to use that. Honestly, I wish he would just buy one of those all in one jobs like HP makes (psc) like I have, but insists those things costs way too much money and that his old crappy mustek is a good scanner. I am kind of puzzled that it didn't even see the scanner on the parallel port. I was expecting it to detect it as at least an unknown device. I even went through the built in Add Scanner or Imaging device wizard, but mustek wasn't one of the manufacturers to choose from. Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction or give me advice to get this old scanner to work with xp. Hmmm, maybe I should get one of those cables that switches it from parallel to usb thus increasing the likelihood of it being detected by windows? Any thoughts about going that route?

Mustek did not write an XP driver for that particular scanner as the hardware was out of date by the time XP was released.

Try the NT driver, it is supposed to work with Win2000 and chances are it will work with XP. A friend of mine had a Mustek camera and he was able to get it to work using the NT/2000 drivers.

Al

If the NT driver doesn't work you could try this.

BTW: I also have an old scanner that isn't recognized by Windows, after installing the driver it works fine.

Back