• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is OCZ DDR Booster good with OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KedarWolf

Registered
Peace...

I have read in reviews the OCZ DDR Booster will help alot with some RAM but others it won't help as the voltage the motherboard runs is all that is needed for overclocking that RAM. I have OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold. I'm phoning OCZ today. They have really good tech support and I'm hoping for a free upgrade to the OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold Rev. 2.

My system.

P4C-800 E Deluxe (not volt modded).P4 2.8C at 3.56 GHZ stable.
2 X 512 MEG DIMM's of OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold
Two SATA Seagate 80 Gig Hard Drives on the Intel Raid Controller, Raid 0
Two PATA Maxtor 80 Gig Hard Drives on the Promise Raid Controller, Raid 0
Sapphire X800 Pro Vivo 256 Meg soft-modded to 16 pipelines and two volt mods.
Audiby 2 Platinum Sound Card.
Logitech Z680 5. Speakers (1000 Peak Watts, 500 RMS).
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream PC Case, without the window by choice.
19 Inch Cicero CRT Monitor.

Less then three months ago with this system I hit 13,803 in 3DMark03 which, at that time, was top 200 using the 'all computer systems' online results published under 'KedarWolf' on the online submissions using 'default settings' and 'all drivers', not just using the 'approved drivers'. I used the Omega drivers which I feel are the best ATI based modded drivers.
:D

to the best of my knowledge, they use the later d43 d5 hynix for that memory. it generally responds best around 2.80/2.9 volts

Back