• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.dll that will not be removed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tekko

Ok I just reinstalled my OS (sp2 slipstream) and while installing back all my software something went wrong with the instalation of PC-cillin, and I'm not stuck with this dll "Tmdshell.dll" and will not be removed by any means I can find and as long as it's present I can't re-try to install the AV. Went looking on the ctrend-micro site, googled, e-mailed the compagnie tech support but I got nothing so far.

Had a similar problem uninstalling Norton AV 5.0-couldn't install the new one until I got rid of it all.

Go into your registry and do a search for any keys for PC-Cillin, or possibly Trend (the manufacturer). Delete the keys for PC-Cillin (play around w/ the spelling-might be PCCillin, PC Cillin, etc.) If you don't have anything else made by Trend installed on your comp, you can also safely delete those keys. If you're not sure about a key, leave it in. Worked for me.

Thanks Suicide AI it was exacly what I needed. Flailboy thanks too but that was one of the first thing I tried.

Back