• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Notebook memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

i have an old ibm i-series 1400 notebook that i just got. i want to upgrade the ram on it from 64 to 256, but im not sure if the newer ram will be compatible with my motherboard. this is the one im currently looking at.

newegg

if anyone has upgraded their memory in an old ibm notebook before, can you tell me if this will work.

I have had good luck with www.upgradenation.com from a business perspective. They have a tool on their site which looks up ram and the folks there seem pretty knowledge about laptop ram. Flat rate shipping even when ordering 50+ sticks. Though I doubt that helps u much ;)

alright, i found out that the 1400 iseries uses PC66/100 SDRAM SODIMMs, so now my question is can i use pc 3200 or is that out of the question?

right. what about pc133 sdram? ive read that if you use this ram, the bios has problems reading it, sometimes only reading half of what you have. can i put pc133 in my system instead of the recomended pc100? will this cause any problems?

Back