• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ki HyperX cl2 only goes to cl2.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arowana

I just bought a computer consisting of an antec 1080AMG case + 430 PS
gigabyte GA-7n400 pro 2, Gainward 6800 "GT clocked as Ultra", barton 3000+ 400Mhz, SLK900A and:

"2kpl Kingston HyperX, 512MB 400MHz DDR-RAM muisti

PC-3200.
CL2.0 (2-3-2-6-1)
200MHz, 5.0ns
2.6 V.
"

the problem is that the when i try to chage from bios defoult 2.5 to 2 the computer wont boot :( . Any ideas?

Also, what would the overclocking potential of this system be?

thanks.

Raise the voltage to 2.7 and try. If that doesnt work you cant try 2.8

It should work

i dont own that kinda chipset but my impression is that the nforce2 is kinda picky with ram. with so many chipsets out now its hard to optimize ram for each one so alot of manufacturers optimize for just a couple. i suspect the latency for ur ram is probably tested for intel 865/875

1) See if there are any BIOS updates for your mobo
2)raise your vdimm up to 2.8v
3) check and see if your northbridge cooler is making proper contact with the northbridge
4) If that doesn't work, RMA TIME.
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! :attn:

typos...

raised memory voltage to 2.8 and set FSB to 150 MHz
The computer now boots in cl2 but windows craches after 10~15 minutes..

by the way the motherboard should hava a bridge fan at least in the manual an so on, but mine hasnt..

by the way... should a 6800 gt clock to 435 Mhz :D or is something wrong?

Last edited:
Okay what ratio are you running your mem/fsb at? Because if you're running a 1:1 ratio then that means your ddr400 is posting @ ddr600 speeds. Also it seems like you raised your vcore not your vdimm. According to the JEDEC standard, DDR voltage never drops below 2.5v. Make sure you are raising your vdimm not your vcore.

Back