• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on my memory setting please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mista ting

Hi i have a Abit NF7-S V2.0 and running 1GB of 2*Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200C2PT in Dual Channels and when i check the memory timings there like 10-4-4-3 and on new egg there rated at like 2-3-3-6 can some one that has this same set up tell me what setting they put in please i really dont wana screw up my memory :)

Last edited:
I recommend you just follow the manufacturer's ratings, except for tRAS (or Cycle Time (the last line of the four adjustable timings, can't remember exactly what it's called in this BIOS)). nForce2-chipsets usually run best with a tRAS of 11 (for some unexplained reason). Don't worry about screwing up your memory - timings can't do that. If they are too tight, it will just cause your computer to hang and then you just reset your BIOS and try something different. Only exposure to very high voltage over a long period of time can really do damage to your sticks. But on the other hand, one shouldn't set the vDIMM higher than necessary. Did newegg say anything about rated voltages?

Your sticks are probably double-sided, which means you should use a CPC-disabled BIOS (modded version). This could be necessary to make them run stable. There must be tons of modded BIOSes for NF7-S 2.0, and you'll find a lot of help in this forum. Just remember that when flashing a new BIOS, you should be totally convinced your system is stable. No need for insane overclocking when flashing!

Back