• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G with 1GB Corsair Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albreck

I just got 2 sticks of 512mb corsair xms, so I put them in my computer and the computer start to beep... the beep is like beeeeeeep ....... beeeeeeep, so, a long beep, then stop, and so on. I reseat everything, mem, vc, sc, power connectors, sata cables, ide cables, clearing the CMOS, taking out the cmos battery, tried different VC, one mem at the time and still the same.... :cry: any idea why this happen??? and the computer was working fine with my old mem 1gb Samsung... by the way I don't have my old mem anymore :(
Any idea???

Those long beeps sure sound like a RAM problem. Don't sound good if you've tried one stick at a time either. Maybe try one stick at a time and try different slots? Make sure the RAM is getting seated securely.

Set yr timings to manual and 2-2-2-5, Vdimm to 2.8. It will boot. The board most probably misreads the SPD and than PAT screws the rest up.

Indyxc1 said:
Which corsair memory is it? Is it registered memory perhaps?
hummm... I just check the corsair site and yes! they are registered mem :cry:
Now I have to see if I can change them...
thanks for the help...

No problem, my brother had the same problem. Bought 1gb of corsair memory, and somehow it ended up being registered. We thought it was defective, but that turned out the be the problem.

Back