• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dt-d43

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuruma

Registered
i got a new Ram....n i thought it was BT-D43 but it turn out it was DT-D43...so whats the diff(in term of performance) of those two.....since most people r using BT-D43.....which is better..n is it okay to mix those two or is it better two get another BT-D43

I believe that DT would be the newer revision. There exists BT-D43 and CT-D43, now we have DT-D43. Hynix just also release a "D" revision of their D5 ram. I believe that there are BT & CT (for sure) versions of the D5. The new OCZ PC3700 uses the DT-D5 version of the chip and it works real well. There is a review at AnandTech on it.

Let us know how your new D43 works for you.

The D43s I tried I think were 'C' rev, but they would not do other than -3-4-. I got the impression the D43s were guaranteed to do 2.5-3-3- but nope. Try to see if you have better luck with your sticks. The ones I had would do 260, 1:1, 2.5-4-3-6 at just 2.6 volts, but would not do anything faster, and that is slow.

Hmm...okay...i guess i have 2 test the chip ..i'll let u know the result.hopefully it will perform same as other d43....i know d43 cannot run on tight timing...but as long as it can support high fsb , its fine with me..

yea, my bt-d43's can easily do over 260fsb at 2.7vdimm with the right bios. they are amazing chips. ive never heard of dt-d43 either, the only way you can tell if they're good or not is to test test test!

260!...amazing..so far i've managed to go up 2 240 fsb w standard bios...but i dont doit 2 long coz i'm afraid my north bridge will become overheat..since i dont have any nb cooler...hopefully i will be able to do more then 250 fsb once i change the bios 2 tic tacs d26 mantaray xt and get nb cooler....

naah, dont go with the d26 manta ray.....check my sig, there is a link to great BIOS's, in that thread it is sorted by type of ram.....right now i am using -=merlins=- D25 "Ub3r" CPC ON bios. but ive also heard that -=merlins=- D26 taipan cpc on bios is good.

Now I was not running an AMD rig, but I did 260 @ 2.6 volts using 2x512s in DC! These were SanMax brand only available in Japan, but I got rid of the sticks about a month ago. I did a couple of 3DMark comparisons with different CAS settings, and about the only thing 2.5-4-3-6 is faster than is 2.5-4-4-6. While you can get the Sammy TCCD stuff now that do pretty high up, about the only thing they are faster than at 2.5-3-3-6 is the D43, heh.

But to be fair, this is the best current technology can do at around 255-280 fsb. The only way to get faster is to push decent Ballistix sticks with >2.8-2.9 volts, though 260-265 is where they max out.

Hmm 100mbHD...what is CPC...n whats the diff if its on or off....
so for d43 its best to use merlin isnt it?...ok..thx 4 the tips...

'CPC' stands for Commands Per Clock. CPC off bios's usually gives you an increase in FSB overclock, but at the loss of bandwith. with CPC on, you achieve higher bandwith, but usually, your fsb will suffer by about 5-10mhz. For example, a CPC ON bios at 220fsb would be about equivalent to a CPC OFF bios at 230. It all depends, Sisoft Sandra is a good program to test your memory bandwith.

As for bios's, merlins bios's have been pretty good with the d43's, so yea, i would suggest some of his later bios's.

thx u also reefa,this forum is great....i get so many helps here....thx u guys..

Back