• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7Max3????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

themiz4jc

Registered
Is the max3 out of production? It's no where to be found :mad:

If the Max3 is out of production will the Max2 give comprable performance? All things relavant.

The Max3 does seem almost impossible to find nowadays. The IC7-G is the same mobo minus the fancy OTES cooling and only has 4 SATA channels rather than 6 like the Max3. The only other difference is the Max3 has higher vdimm settings, although they really didn't work very good anyway.

themiz4jc said:
Is the max3 out of production? It's no where to be found :mad:

If the Max3 is out of production will the Max2 give comprable performance? All things relavant.

Yes the Max3 is end of life. Thats why these people are getting insane amounts of money for them on ebay. New Max3 on ebay are closing at around $225-250 plus shipping.

Are you just really wanting to stay with socket 478 or is it the AGP/DDR you want to keep?

Pretty much all of the above. I dont really want to invest in a new proc, ram, or video card.

Any recommendations on a 478/875p mobo? I will oc.

I'd say go with the IC7-G then. Unless you really have your mind made up on a max3. Essentially the same board just doesn't have all the extra's. ie: OTES, Secure IDE, etc. Most people don't care about those anyway.

Another option if your willing to upgrade your proc. but keep your card and ram is the DFI new Lanparty board.

themiz4jc said:
Jeff, will the new DFI board not run a 478 proc like my 2.4C?

The latest board from DFI that I'm referencing uses the LGA775 (new style intel socket) but retains the legacy 875P chipset which gives you the AGP slot and still use DDR memory. Makes for a nice transistion point so you don't have to replace everything at once. Plus it appears it's going to be a great overclocker. That might be a little premature but the first results back look very promsing.

If your staying 478 go with the IC7-G as batboy and i have both recommended.

Back