• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slow windows startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

I am having realy slow and i mean realy slow windows startup it takes around one and a half mins to get to login screen then about two minutes fifty seconds to fully load windows.

It never used to boot this slow it takes around 45 seconds at the win2k boot logo screen and takes ages at login prompt before you enter your pw and after you login it hangs for ages. I dont know what to do i was thinking on a clean format.

Any ideas guys?

trust me i dont have any spyware i am very malware aware i run progs regular i found out that my maxtor hd in my sig is failing could that be why i am haveing slow loading times. The slow loading isnt only when starting up it is also in windows i noticed a slower response time when opening folders.

oh and yes i always defrag

I'm sure you have checked this, but did you look at the cpu speed in the bios. It could have dropped back to default due to a glitch. If your hard drive is indeed failing that could be your problem because it may be encountering errors and having to reread many times. If your mobo supports SMART diagnosis, you could check that to confirm hard drive problems.

i dont get wat u mean by cpu speed dropping to default but no that isnt it im oced now running at 1.5ghz w00000000000t my first oc not the best but good enough

Back