• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Hyperx pc2700 timing problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Hello everyone. I just picked up a GB of Hyperx pc2700 off of Ebay.

THey work fine, memtest for 12 hours no errors at the rated speed of 166 at 5,2,2 cas 2 timings. 2.63V on an Epox 8RDA3+ nforce2 mobo. Dual channel mode.

Problem is I can't get this to run at 200 mhz for anything.
I tried all the fast timings like 5,2,2 11,2,2 7,3,3 7,4,4, 8,4,4 cas 2 and 2.5

volts 2.77 and 2.9 which is the max for this board.

I know its not the board since my other ram can easily do 220-225 at 7,3,3 cas2.

Anyone know what timings MIGHT work for this ram? Doesn't look like its BH-5 at all .

Help

Never got to try cas 3 , all the errors cause problems with Xp reboots so I took the stuff out. I won't try it in my main rig again. I have a couple other similar rigs just sitting around and was going to try them out over the weekend.

Just seemed strange to get 5,2,2 cas 2 at just 2.63Volts and yet ZILCH at 200!!!

i used to have that exact ram and i was running it at 200mhz with the timing that my a7n8x said were "aggressive", it ran fine and i didn't have to give it any more voltage or anything....my friend has it now and he says its not stable if you lower the timings at ALL

Back