• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recurring Hourglass Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmTSea19

Several times through out the day, an hourglass all of a sudden appears next to my cursor arrow. For no reason. I am not waiting for pics to come up, or changing webpages, or anything. It comes up, lasts a few seconds, then dissapears. Any idea what it is?
A friend told me he may have downloaded something from MSN chat, but he is not sure. He doesn't think she installed MSN Chat, and I don't see it anywhere. Something seems to be running. I ran Norton, Adaware, and Spyware, nothing showed up, and removing everything didn't help anything. All of a sudden, I have this weird recurring hourglass problem, *lol*.

Tom, how would he find out what icons are using the hourglass? (I don't know how)

Take a scan with hijackthis and post it as an attachment to your post (don't post it in your post as text).

Okay, I.M.O.G., I will check out hijackthis, I have not used it before.

Maybe it is Norton again. Last time when I had a terrible time with my computer, it all turned out to be Norton. Something with the Automatic Updates not updating. The computer acted all squirrely for a couple days, then it automatically straightened itself out. I knew it was Norton, because the updates were able to be updated again.

I could be wrong too, and it could be something else. I'll keep trying to figure it out. It feels like something is running when I don't want it to, and it's an eerie feeling!

Thanks.

I.M.O.G., Thank You!! I just wanted to tell you that hijackthis did the trick! No more recurring hourglass, and my computer is back to being faster than it has been lately. It's a really easy program too, thanks!

Back