• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows explorer crashes ??!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

well i had this problem before, it was as soon as i installed sp2, so i said screw this and reformated, i had no problems until now. i didn't allow automatics updates, because i didn't want to get sp2 agin. but i now have this same prob. when i go browse a folder with media in it, the explorer crashes to the desktop. it is very annoying. what might be the cause and how shall i go about fixing it, with out reformating? thanks

Try running Event Viewer (in order to access the error logs, and check for any critical errors)...Start | Run | Type eventvwr.msc and click OK | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click any error message(s) (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down a couple of the latest critical error messages exactly as they appear (under the "Description" field), and post them in this thread.

Also, open the System Information tool by typing msinfo32 in the Run box | Expand "Components" | Highlight "Problem Devices", and look for any problems that might be listed there.

Back