• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Problem. Help needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ffactoryxx

In regards to previous thread
Ok basically i have 512mb of twinmos ch-5 pc3200 running at 2-3-2-7 2.77volts
I was looking for another stick but its almost impossible to find twinmos with ch-5 sticks. I have a brand new in box stick of mushkin pc3200 basic i aquired but dont think it can do those times.

I didnt see if it would hit those timings yet but i bet it wont. Ive also though about selling and it buying something else but thats a hassle. I have gotten mixed comments fom people and thought id run it by you guys and see what you thought. Will i see any performance difference in day to day activity changing the timings if this mem cant handle what i have. Say changing it to 2.5-3-2-7 or 2.5-3-3-7
If im playing doom or unreal 04 plus future games will i notice a difference. What do you think? I mean should i see the ram or keep it

probably wouldnt notice i would think. unless u are on the ragged edge of the game running well, maybe a small performance hit could cause a prob, but normally i dont think one could tell the difference.

flapperhead said:
probably wouldnt notice i would think. unless u are on the ragged edge of the game running well, maybe a small performance hit could cause a prob, but normally i dont think one could tell the difference.

Not at all i mean im running this
2100+ @ 2.3 ghz 11x200
evga 6800

Back