• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd, dual channel speeds, but..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

My bus is definately fsbx4 on my system, which would indicate dual channel ddr. However, CPU-Z shows each stick at single channel. When I pull 1 stick it still says single, but the bus is reduced to fsbx2. Is it something to worry about?

I know each stick are the same, Kingston ValueRam with some good latency mods (amazed for "value ram") and gained about 500 points in 3dmark for it. But nonetheless Im still wondering whats the deal with it.

not really gonna naswer much but i wouldnt trust cpu-z to much .. doesnt always report everything correctly.. any other programs you can try ??

Run some synthetic memory tests (aida32 or sandra) if you get decent bandwidth then its dual :)

I get the same prob with my (same) Asus/P4 system. I have Mushkin black special 2.2.2.
Bios doesn't report dual channel at boot, and cpu-z says it's single channel, but Sandra reports it as dual channel (and kicking much arse, thank-you) :).

do you have them in the right slots on the p4c800 its slots 1 and 3 for dual. and 2 and 4 for dual. what shows on the post? does it say linear or dual ddr linear? mine said just linear until I turned on performance acceleration mode in the bios

Back