• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

915 vs 925

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrSlinky

The Intel retail training deal is coming up, which means I'll be building a Pentium 4 550 machine in the next 6 weeks. I've had nothing but bad luck with Intel boards, so I intend to purchase a board from one of the major manufacturers.

So what's the difference between the 915 boards and the 925 boards? The only thing I could see different was that the 925 had an extra Gb ethernet jack.

Not much difference. The i925 will only support DDR2 RAM, but the i915 depending on brand and model can support either regular DDR or DDR2. Some of the i925 mobos have better LAN and audio, again depending on brand and model. It's sort of like the i865 vs. the i875 chipsets. The best overclockers are Abit and Asus (no surprise there).

Doesn't really matter anymore. I found an article on the new chipsets over at AnandTech, and from what I read, a socket 775 rig would offer no real advantages over my current machine. Well, except for the Asus board that supports up to 14 drives. lol

Back