• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 and memory settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannaoc

On the AI7 setup in my sig I can't enable anything past auto on my ram. I try turbo, F1, any of them and all I get is a loud solid beep and no post. Any thoughts as to why?

I've never got any of the GAT settings to work other than turbo and I had to use high vdimm to do that. I generally just use the auto, auto, auto, disable, disable settings and then manually set my RAM timings.

Thats too bad. According to Sandra I'm only useing ~57% of my memory and my scores are only in 5500s. I thought it might be my psu but even my new 420w OCZ didn't change anything so I'm stumped. Anything I could change to help this?

You need to run at higher FSB and higher DDR speed to bring your memory bandwidth up. Running a 2.4C at only 250 FSB ain't enough. What vdimm are you using? Maybe try to bump that up and use tighter timings.

Here is my 2.4C running at 283 FSB using the 1:1 ratio with Hyperram PC4200.

PC4200-sandra-RAM-max.JPG

I'm using 2.9V on OCZ4400 1:1 so I have some room with the ram but anything over 250 I get stabillity problems or the long beep I mentioned above. The ram seems really hot already but I'll give it some more juice and see what happens.

That GAT setting for Speedracer, turbo, FI is for mem that can run tight timings. It wants to try to set the timings to 2,3,2,5 or 2,2,2,5. Your OCZ 4400 can't handle those timings at any speed.

Batboy is right. To get more bandwidth you need to raise your fsb. If you are getting long beeps at 250, you might try loosening your timings. Try 2.5,4,4,8 or 3,4,4,8. or 2.5,3,3,7. Those 4400 are designed to be loose timings mem.

This is getting sad so I contacted OCZ for an RMA on the ram. I can't even enable the 667 nb deal and I tried up to 3.1V on the ram and no stability for anything over 250. I was able to sandra at 270 with 3,4,4,8 but locked up soon after. Overvolted the chip just in case and still nothing, the temps on it are good so thats not an issue. After the ram I'll move to other possibilities.

Back