• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will 2 GB make a big difference compared to 1 GB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dana0550

Registered
Just wanted to know if it was worth buying another 1 GB of ram to up my system to 2 GB.

Will it make a big difference, or should I just stick with 1 GB.
Check out my sig to see what ram type I have now.

Thanks
Dana

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I doubt 2GB will make much difference over 1GB unless you do video editing/graphics word/encoding work/database stuff that eats RAM. 1Gb should be fine and the money better spent elsewhere.

Much agreed. I have a similar setup and have taken a gig out at one point and it made very little difference except that I was no longer in dual channel so my bandwidth decreased. In my meager experience it's best to get a matched pair like you did and stick with whatever size you bought. Adding more sticks decreases system stability and lowers memory bandwidth utilization IMHO.

2GB Ram will make a huge difference in Video Editing and Graphics as David mentioned, but by the looks of your FX53 your into games and there is no real need for it.

Back