• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good timings for 4 sticks of 512 pc400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maze

Registered
Very very close to just trashing the k8n neo2 since it's just been just one problem to next the next..hell for some reason it wont boot to windows xp unless I have the windows xp cd in one of the drives and set the cdrom as the first thing to boot.

Anyway, most dont bother me, cept the fact that the comp just wont boot if I have any ram(the ram itself isn't bad, checked) in slots 2&4..ie I can't dual channel.

Have the 1.3 bios, so the last thing I can think of is changing the timings. I tried 2.5, 3, 8, 3(I based it on a site that had the timings as 2,5 , 3 , 3 , 8, and im going to assume the 2 threes are the second and fourth ram option besides the 1t/2t thing.

Please help, all the crap thats gone wrong is minor compared to having to use only 1 gig single channel. Have corsair xms btw

Thanks in advance

By the way, the order the ram settings in bios is this:
Cas latency
Ras to Cas delay
Min Ras active time
Row precharge time

so, when people say set the timings to, say 2.5, 3 , 3 , 8, it doesn't make sense since row precharge time can only go up to 6 for example.

Back