• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

printer problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

One of my sales reps has a Samsung 1710 at home and at work. She did have a desktop at home and at work and both printers worked fine. She just switched to a laptop that she carries home with her. She got the printer hooked up at work without any troubles, then she got home and plugged it into the same model printer there and it wouldn't work. I suggested that she re-install the drivers but it still only showed one printer, and still wouldn't work. I have never run into a situation like this and I am at a loss.

parallel, tcp/ip or usb?? I've found that the USB ports on a LOT of Dell Lattitudes are funky and it won't work in 3 out of the 4 ports, but on one port, blammo and viola. I'd try that first.

test those on the laptop to see if the laptop detects them. If not, reinstall your usb drivers. If that doesn't work, make sure usb is not disabled in the bios.

They all work on that laptop at the office. The mouse and 10-key work at home with the same laptop. The printer works at work but the same model printer does not work at home on the laptop but works on the old desktop.

Make sure that the printer isn't plugged into the desktop and laptop at the same time. If that isn't it, then sorry, I'm stumped.

Back