• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Spyware!!! What are you using?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gearfish

Registered
I have ran Adaware, Spybot SD, and Spy Sweeper and I still have a tick or too? ERRRRR!!! Any suggestions?

Wow those three don't get them all. I only use adaware and spybot. Don't know what else besides a clean install and a good firewall.

I use Lavasoft Ad-aware free edition for most of mine, ones it doesn't find which I know are there I go after the source dir.

What spyware do you have inperticular that your progs can't find?

this red ! icon for example never leaves and when I ckick it it say i have spyware.. tha old bait and sell ploy

Attachments

• spookware.jpg
    spookware.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 88
try removing your browser helper objects manually. tools-internet options-general-settings-view objects. These don't get dumped with temp internet files. If that don't work: Find the name of it, search registry and manually delete, try cwshredder.exe

also download hijackthis and post a log. Also look at your startup items and make su re you have unchecked any that seem suspcious. And also what is the name of the adware that you can't remove or do you not know the name of it?

IE??? :shudder: Another vote for Mozilla Firefox. The best function that firefox can do is add another tab, instead of having to open another screen. Great program.

I use Adaware and Spybot, but Adaware tends to work better for me.

Back