• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding the CD-Key to the install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ruben

Registered
At work we install the same SQL on a lot of servers, and I hate to keep typing in the same key I would like to have the key fillled in for me. Any ideas on how I can do this.

Thanks

CHeck if the application does allow "unattended installs". E.g. windows itself can be installed that way. All software which uses MSI should be capable of it

depending on the OS (Windows 2000, XP, or 2003) you can use nLite to create an unattended install disk which will fill in the information needed for setup including the cdkey. Here is the guide for the program

Edit// Oh this is for an app itself not an OS, sorry. And for my misunderstanding, I bring you to this link which might be of use

Last edited:
the version Im using does not have an MSI file. but I did find something from Microsoft that worked great, I just don't have it here at home, I will post the links when I get to work. thanks for you help.

Back