• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is this happening?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPetrillo

I'm stablish at 219*12.5 @ 2.2Vcore but then when I go to 220*12.5 (only a 1MHz increase) I cant even boot to Windows?? :mad:

"Stablish" meaning I have let Sandra run for a couple hours on the two CPU bench's and Prime has ran for almost a 1/2 hour (before I had to stop it), but I havent had time to let Prime go on its own until it errors out to see just how long it will really run yet (maybe tonight).

I'm just annoyed that I can boot into windows at 219MHz and play DOOM 3 and run Sandra for over an hour, but I cant even boot into windows at 220MHz and I just want to find out why its doing this... and is there anyway to over come this problem with some mods or something???

Thank you.

JPetrillo said:
I'm stablish at 219*12.5 @ 2.2Vcore but then when I go to 220*12.5 (only a 1MHz increase) I cant even boot to Windows?? :mad:
QUOTE]

Well technically the cpu is bumping up by 12.5 MHz. At that point you're already in between 2.7 and 2.8 GHz. Is it possible you're just at the limit of your cpu?

Btw, you're at 29C with 2.2vcore?

At the end of the CPU line it says the Vcore... 1.45V - stock. I only update my sig when I find my stable o/c, which is what I'm trying to do :p

I hope my CPU isnt maxed out :eek:

Back