• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok i feel stupid for asking this....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axegrinderbill

.... the windows button on my keyboard doesn't work. the others do. It's USB, so I unplug it, plug it back in, still doesn't work. I know its something within my registry or something. Did all sorts of spyware scans, registry scans, etc.

Someone, anyone know how to enable the windows button on the keyboard? It's second nature for me to use it for show desktop, computer properties, and just to show the start menu without having to click it.

Check the following key in the Registry...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Policies | Explorer | NoWinKeys

...assuming the NoWinKeys DWORD is present in the RH pane. If it's not, highlight the Explorer sub-key in the LH pane, then right click in the RH pane and select "New-->DWORD Value" | Name the new DWORD NoWinKeys | Right click the new DWORD and select "Modify" | In the "Edit DWORD Value" window that opens, make sure 0 is entered in the "Value data" field | Hit F5 to refresh...you may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

there was a key that i found and deleted, that made it work, but wouldn't do shortcuts. Now i tried what redduc900 suggested and all is good now :) thanks a lot guys!

Back