• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deep Freeze?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atigamerguy

Ok so I messed up my other pc so im stcuk with the one in my sig.
I got it from a teacher who was gonna throw it out because we got some new dells in our school. The thing is that there is a program called deep freeze that resets all of my settins back to normal after every restart it is impossible to bypass and impossible to run windows update because everything goes back to narmal after I restart it. Do any of you know how to reset of disable this program so i dont have to go installing my internet connection every time I turn opn my PC. Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Deep Freeze is meant to be 100% secure. That is just how DeepFreeze was built. It was meant to protect against virii, anomolus changes and personal deletion error. The only civilized way i can think of deleting it is by typing in the password, thawing it, and then uninstalling it. So you might want to try and ask your teacher for that password. Or you can just reformat. That i believe would work.

Raven

Yeah a reformat will work there are also programs ot there that you enter the deep freeze token ring and it gives you a password to unlock, these programs are very hard to find though.

mk
#1 (if ur just saying this and really wana get into ur school pc no chance it will work)trust me and its not worth the heck u will get in
#2 if this really is ur pc now ur a bit messed now....
#3 format wont work

so look up on google things that i hear that will work if the school didnt fic the problims would be like booting to a floppy

u will have to google it....
but as a last effort just junk the HD and buy a new one that will work
but formatting wont

Correction formatting WILL work and I gaurantee that 1) I have done it more times than I can count and 2) Deep Freeze only works like any other application when the HDD and windows is booted and it will not stop you from reformating if its not even loaded... It does sound like you just want to get past it in the school and if thats the case keep trying ;)

Hmm well I like I have said done it many time, formatted from 2000 to 2000, and 2000 to XP Pro. No problems no sign of deepfreeze left on comp and it had to be reinstalled. I find it unbeliveable it would stay after a complete reformat but maybe older versions work that way..

Formatting will work, the formate that you performed but of left the boot sector. Download a program called eraser its free, then use a function it has called daves boot and nuke. There in no way a program can servive that since it writes 0s like 10 times over the entire hdd. The only way to protect from that would be maybe some type of read only thing like how some boot sectors have that on them to protect from viruses, even then though I believe eraser wipes them out.

mabey deep freeze trick these programs and its not really writing to the HD or its just writing to one section over and over...

imnot shure but it does it.
mabey it deneys the program from letting u format.
(but not if u boot to a floppy format thing.
like i have these 2 florrys that work for Seagate drives that u boot to and it writes 0's to the HD.

so now that i think of it....
mabey it might work if u format normaly like before u boot to windows.
lol i dont know i just messed with a school pc nd found it not worth it so ya.

You should boot from a Windows 98 boot floppy disk and use fdisk to delete all partitions and create new ones then format the drives you create.
Or you could use a Windows XP CD to boot your PC and use the recovery console to run diskpart and delete all partitions and create new ones then format the drives you create.
This should do the trick!

Yeah, well I was reading an article that if you download a partition/hdd graph reader thing you will see that the data (or some of it) is always left on the hard drive, could be why it requires a 10 gig i think it was min requirement.... also a trick to not have deep freeze delete stuff is put it in the recycle bin, it dosent affect the recycle bin for some reason...

A correctly configured deepfreeze computer cannot be hacked... easily. Completely correct configuration is not altogether typical though, and is often even purposely avoided for ease of service... Depends on the environment it is deployed in and who is doing the deployment.

What gunnerman says about a reformat could be correct... however that would only be possible on an incorrectly configured machine (largely dependent on bios access and ability to boot to anything other than windows). If I set that machine up with deepfreeze, he would not be able to do that unless he physically removed the hard drive... And if that PC was in my environment, the case would be under lock and key. So if this is a school computer, you are out of luck. If it really is your computer which you rightfully own, then you can pull the HDD and reformat it from another machine which you have control over the boot priority/order.

This is all easily recognizable from the deep freeze site - they offer a prize for breaking into their system at trade shows they frequent. They configure the machine themselves to be absolutely bulletproof, and ease of troubleshooting is no object to them, so this offers more flexibility in just how rigid the protection is... I would guess that few machines in actual deployment are configured that same way.

Anyways, this is talk of cracking and is against forum rules most likely - the mods will be having a look at this thread, so that they can decide if this discussion is okay or a no go.

well it like IMOG said a properlyconfigerd rig you wont get into....

but schools dont update the deepfreeze and they probable installed it like 5 years ago or like 3 years ago so its not that good, still way beyond a normal persons skill.
but you can do it if u go ask some other forum and tell them what vertion of deepfreeze u have.
ask them on how to know what vetion u have.

i could tell you how to get the vertion and how to get passwords and probable ow to crakc it but this forums not for that.
As is clearly sais in forum rules.
go to google and find out more man.

How to uninstall Deep Freeze

Ok so I messed up my other pc so im stcuk with the one in my sig.
I got it from a teacher who was gonna throw it out because we got some new dells in our school. The thing is that there is a program called deep freeze that resets all of my settins back to normal after every restart it is impossible to bypass and impossible to run windows update because everything goes back to narmal after I restart it. Do any of you know how to reset of disable this program so i dont have to go installing my internet connection every time I turn opn my PC. Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Here's how:
1. Hold Shift + Click the deep freeze icon two times (The lower-right icon)
2. Enter your password (If you don't know the password or you have forgotten it, you have no choice but to format the drive)
3. Click "Boot Thaw" and press apply
4. Restart your PC

(The DeepFreeze icon will be marked X)

5. Then uninstall it in it's folder
6. Restart

Then voila

*Although I wouldn't recommend uninstalling it since it protects your SYSTEM drive
:comp:

Format and reinstall Windows. If that doesn't work then DBAN the HD and start again. Unless it somehow modifies the BIOS I don't understand how formatting the HD won't work.

Back