• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

loosening already loose timings???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alinosa

okay, my timings on memory are at 2.5 4 4 9 right now...(that's how they were detected and i don't feel like seeing what my max fsb is with tight timings now that i have my 333 at 400 speeds, but i DO want to know if i could squeeze more speed from them if i loosened the 2.5 to 3? right now, i've had my memory up to 223MHz... remember that these are DDR2700 sticks... not DDR400. So, what do you guys think? Is it worth my time or am i at the limit of these sticks? (see sig for brands.)

thnx
allen

Do you know what kind of chips they are? That generally will help. If they sare samsung, can you tell us the last 4 letters/numbers on the chips? TCC4 can reach 400 at 2.5-3-3-7 easily, don't know about other chips.

okay, i finally got around to pulling my ram and removing the heatspreaders to see what chips they are. the samsung has 214 (upper right corner of chip) and K4H560838C-TCB3. I looked for this number on google and found a japanese page where this chip is listed as ddr 400. all i could find on the crucial memory is that it is in fact ddr333. the number on the chip is 46V32MB-6T C... If anyone can find more on these i'd appreciate it. and BTW, the samsung was purchased just a little after the a7v333 board came out in 2002

Back