• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

registry cleaner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
use regclean because it's FREE and safe. Was designed by the Windows developers themselves (is not supported by MS)

theMonster said:
use regclean because it's FREE and safe. Was designed by the Windows developers themselves (is not supported by MS)
Unless he's running a non NT-based OS, it's incompatible. It was originally designed for Win95, and works with Win98/Me also...but I strongly suggest not running it with W2K or XP. This is the reason MS pulled it from their site, because of the fact that some folks were running it on OS's it wasn't originally designed for.

I use the norton windoctor. Have had it for about 3 years and they haven't changed it since I have got it. Always find lots of problems after a fresh install. I can't say I know if I have had any registry related problems, but I run it pretty regularly after installs and uninstalls. It comes with norton systemworks. You can pick up the oem version for under $20 at newegg for 2002. The newest version has a bunch of junk with it now, and gave me some problems with sp2.

I've always used Norton as well. A much more reliable solution, and as stated earlier, Regclean was not designed to be used on any os that's not dos based.

Jahhh RegSupreme! There is a free version and it has all the features you want in a reg cleaner:

• Automatic backups
  • Pretty darn safe without reviewing the keys

...and of course the one feature all reg cleaners have...

• Totally pointless unless you've been lashing your install with gratutious program install/uninstalls for 3 year or more.
:clap:

Back