• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

musawi

I would like to update my BIOS using FlashMenu 1.35 (the newest version), I am still not sure what to do and how it works. Please may someone please tell me.

Do I have to reset the CMOS first, or do I just press LiveUpdate.

Last edited:
I usually back off the overclock and use default settings. I don't use the liveupdate although you can if you want. I prefer to download the file first and then flash from the file. You don't need to clear the BIOS before, but you should afterwards.

It auto cleared it for me, great. Now I will just overclock it back to where it was.

Sigh of relief..

That was scary.

Even though you used FlashMenu to flash your BIOS, which by default clears CMOS...you'll more than likely find that there are at least a couple of BIOS options that are actually missing. These missing options won't show back up until you manually reset CMOS using the onboard jumper. No matter whether you use a boot disk or FlashMenu to flash your BIOS, you should always shutdown afterwards and reset CMOS manually.

Bios options missing, I overclocked it back now, so it doesnt matter lol.
Do I have to?
Or can I just not bother. I have so much work to do for school and I have no time to dc everything and open the case and re connect and overclock back again.

You will be ok, but I have noticed every once in a while when I flash the BIOS, that a couple of features are missing until I manually clear the CMOS. Not everytime though. If it's working fine for you, don't worry about it.

Yeah its cool, its been running for a day now no problems. Dont need the extra bios features. Thanks a lot guys.

Temps havent changed but BIOS 26 for the IC7-G and like BIOS 24 it says calibrated CPU temp.

Weird.

Last edited:
Back