• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i oc my mems sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mesonefros

undefined

hello, i have two memory dimms 256 ddr pc-2700 markvision ( sorry about that not much money).

my board abit nf7 i want to overclock my mems can i?? and how?
i also have thermaltake memory cooling kit with 40mm fan 5400rpm.
help. :burn:

mesonefros said:
undefined

hello, i have two memory dimms 256 ddr pc-2700 markvision ( sorry about that not much money).

my board abit nf7 i want to overclock my mems can i?? and how?
i also have thermaltake memory cooling kit with 40mm fan 5400rpm.
help. :burn:

Well first off, wellcome to the forums my friend...

the basic principal, to overclocking memory, is to increase your FSB, your ram bus, is on a devisor to the FSB.

it will most likely be 1:1, 5:6, 4:5, 2:3, or 1:2.

for A-XP rigs, usually 1:1 is by far the most stable, but if your processor has a default FSB of 200mhz(DDR400), and your ram is only pc2700(166mhz, DDR333), then it might not be capable of running at 200mhz.

could you tell us some more about your system?, like what processor your have and what bios your using?

there are alot of other things involved, one big one is, that if your increase your FSB, then not only does this OC your memory, but also your Processor, be cause the processor clock is derived from FSBxCPU multipier.

there are also adjustments to the memory voltage(aka vDIMM), and the ram timings, that will affects its Overclock ability

GL
-Jess-

EDIT: me thinks that your beat me to the post button:beer:

thanks

thanks guys for all the tips. interbeing for that info im gonna give it a read.
jess 1313 ty man. my cpu is athlon xp 2800+ fsb 333mhz (said in the box)
my mobo abit nf7 bios v 1.0 i think not sure but it allow me to change de fsb,memory timing,an agp,cpu,mem volt.. my heat sink is the gigabyte 3d cooler pro i allways use it at 4800 rpm (dont mind the noise).

Back