• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanna help me with RAM settings? Dont be shy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chibahawk

Registered
Ok here's my setup:

MSI K7N2 Delta-L
1GB Corsair Valueselect RAM (2x512)
AMD Barton-M 2600+

See when I first put the rig together i actually had a problem where my PC wouldnt start up because of weird RAM timings so hopefully someone can recommend what to run it at and also some general tips if anyone else has a similar setup as im going to OC this is lil bit

try to get your system to boot at 3-4-4-11 and work your way down...... 2.5-3-3-11 then 2-2-2-11..... there are several veriations in between those settings but those are some basics to see where you ram will operate..... the lower the numbers... the more vdimm you might need.

Ok i have my computer running now at 2.0-2-2-11, unfortunately for some reason my memory is now listed running as single channel? whatd i manage to do? and can i try to tighten the RAM still more or leave it? and what exactly do you mean the more vdimm i might need?

thanks people

Back