• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Symantec Antivirus problems HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krack3d

Registered
Alright so my school gave me a copy of Symantec Antivirus for my computer. Upon upgrading to Windows XP it became unusable so I tried to uninstall it and use my own antivirus program. I got rid of almost everything including the registry values. The only thing I have been unable to delete is vpshell2.dll. Anyway, the problem is that every time I try to right-click ANYTHING it tries to reinstall Symantec and its EXTREMELY annoying. I guess its because of the right click value (or whatever you want to call it) of symantec options. I just really need to get rid of this it's driving me CRAZY. Thanks in advance. :bang head

Sorry for any typos Im mildly intoxicated I tried to edit them out.

How did you uninstall the first time? you could try to reinstall then uninstall thru add remove programs. Just make sure you turn off any other AV program you have and make sure it does not start on reboot. Running two antivirus programs can create problems that you do not want to go thru including a non booting computer:eek:

Back