• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP logining in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewBlood

Ok heres the deal, i went and bought the game city of heros, heard it was great figured i would give it a chance, well installed it and downloaded over 142 megs in updates, go to play it and i get an icm32.dll file corrupted, well i followed the steps from the website to try to fix it, the major step was to scan with a program called stinger for a stinger virus, ok i done that , i left it scanning while i slept , well i awake to arise that now i have a login screen and when i click ok on the login box it logins in but 3 seconds later logs out, is there anyway i can atleast get into windows to delete an account , well now that i think of it the only account is mine the adminastor, i tryed booting into safe mode doesnt work, i need something to just atleast get into the os.help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

At the welcome screen hit the Ctrl+Alt+Del key combo twice, and you'll get the W2K style logon window...type Administrator in the User Name field, and the password for the Admin. account in the Password field.

After you get to the desktop, click Start | Run | Type...control userpasswords2 and click OK | On the "Users" tab, clear the "Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer" check box and then click OK | In the "Automatically Log On" dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you start your computer.

Thats just it when i log in 3 seconds later it logs me out..................ahhh i got tired of messing with it, so im tryin the recovery console, seems to be some file in the windows directory that is corrupted

You could always try repairing your install...In the BIOS (normally under "Advanced BIOS Features Setup Menu"), configure the computer to start from the CD-ROM drive (make the CD-ROM drive the first boot device) | Insert the XP CD while in the BIOS, save settings (F10) and reboot - (You can also boot with a 98/Me bootdisk with CD support and run Winnt.exe...located in the I386 folder on the CD).

When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the XP CD | When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed...do not select this option | On the XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement | Make sure that your current installation of XP is selected in the box, and then press the R key to repair XP | Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

ahhhh i got tired of messing with it, i tryed to make a new install in the same windows folder so i wouldnt lose my stuff, so i tryed a new install, kept giving me bsd, so i said the hell with it reformated drive c and fresh install, thanks for the hellp though

Back