• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

control panel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Project86

I'm at work and they have disabled right click access and a whole bunch of other stuff, including control panel. They also set the font way too small even for this 19" LCD, and I want to bump it up a bit. Is there anyway to run control panel or display properties other than control panel? I'm sure there is, but I can't find it.

Thanks!

There is a way - talk to your system administrator. If he has configured it correctly and has your account set up right, you will not be able to make those changes. If you have a PC helpdesk, just call them and they can help you out.

Hehe, nice find... If you want to configure everything else on the system, just perform a search for this "*.cpl" and that will let you change whatever you want. Those systems are configured poorly.

definitely agree that they are configured poorly.

I didn't think desk.cpl would work properly but figured it wouldn't hurt to try.

I'm an emergency dispatcher for a police department, so maybe they just trust us...

Project86 said:
I'm an emergency dispatcher for a police department, so maybe they just trust us...

Maybe they trust the users, but thats a little scary. If your system would go down, that could probably mean serious consequences if the timing was bad.

Nah, this is just our "fun" screen. I'm looking at 5 19" screens-this one is for internet/email/games and is run off a seperate PC, another one is our phones and radios (seperate PC) and the main system runs 3 screens which is what we use for the important stuff.

Back