• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help Me Right Now........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rassler

I treid to download SP2 last night, and I am having some major problems now!! It would not boot up, it would get to the WindowsXP Home Screen with the green running tab, but then restart. I thought it may have something to do with the Roxio GO BACK 3 I have installed so I tried to delete it but now the computer freezes up everytime i try to delete that!?!? So I deleted SP2 in Safe mode. Please help me get this crappy GO BACK of my computer and donload and install SP2 !!! thanks

Try hitting the F8 key just before POST completes, and just before the OS starts to load...which will bring you to the Windows Advanced Options menu screen. Choose booting to the "Last Known Good Configuration" (use the arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration...your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.

Last Known Good is controlled by a Registry Key "ReportBootOK". It's primary use is for rolling back a device driver update, and works independently of System Restore. It appears in the "Advanced Options" menu as "Last Known Good Configuration."

When XP completes a boot sequence, it updates the configuration data in the C:\Windows\LastGood folder. If you make changes during the current session that won't subsequently boot, you can use the LastKnown to rollback to that verified configuration.

You could also try running the System Restore tool from the Safe Mode command prompt. Boot to the Advanced Options menu as before, except this time select to boot to Safe Mode with a command prompt | Log on to your computer with an administrator account, or with an account that has administrator credentials | Type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

...then just follow the instructions that appear on the screen.

Thanks but I have some problems with that. "Last known Good Configuration" would not work, but "Safe Mode" did. Also, I had System Restor Turned off Because I had GO BACK on. Im really not liking this......

When you say "Last Known Good Configuraton" would not work...what exactly happened after you selected that option?

I also really just want to get GO BACK off my system, but it Freezes everytime i try to Uninstall it. I dont know what to do.

Back