• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Bios v1018

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BudJB

Anyone know exactly what this update addresses? The ASUS site just simple says "Release bios version to 1018" as their description.

BudJB said:
Anyone know exactly what this update addresses? The ASUS site just simple says "Release bios version to 1018" as their description.

I believe it allows for changing the cpu multiplyer for 478 3.2-3.4 prescotts.

I have a p4c800 not the p, I guess the bios' would be similar. bios 1018 for the c released a couple of days ago and had the feature to boot from a usb stick. I had been waiting for that. Otherwise the asus logo changed to a gold color, but I have seen similar oc'ing to 1017.

DOWN WITH FLOPPYS!!

jaydog said:
I have a p4c800 not the p, I guess the bios' would be similar. bios 1018 for the c released a couple of days ago and had the feature to boot from a usb stick. I had been waiting for that. Otherwise the asus logo changed to a gold color, but I have seen similar oc'ing to 1017.

DOWN WITH FLOPPYS!!

actually the usb sticks boot-up support started with 1016 :)

Been using it for a week or two now. I don't tweak the hell out of my system much, so couldn't provide much insight on how it affects OC's. The most noticeable thing it does is provide a message while POST'ing to hit del to enter cmos or esc to select boot device, and it also seems to handle voltages better than 1017 did. For some reason my vcore fluctuated high with 1017.

I have a p4p800-e deluxe. And the latest I could find is 1004. Assuming the difference between the 800 and 800-e is the E is already a higher revision right?

Bump. I am wondering the same thing.

See people mentioning this 1018 bios, but nothing like that seems to be at the
asus site. Only bios for the P4P800-E deluxe are 1003 and 1004

Whats up with dat ?

I am on a P4P800 Delux and I am using 1020.?? can't remember the point revision.

But you had to use the Asus Update and select the I think the German site.

Its been a long day. But there are high bios files out there. 1019 is on Asus Site.

Back