• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cannot get to hotmail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

alright, my friend has a laptop that can connect to any other website on the net, but cannot login into hotmail, and when she tries to use windows update she recieves this error Error number: 0x8024502D, i've searched the error and no dice

no dice on the first on he second I can't find local users and groups in the computer management window.

no dice on the first
None of the four possible resolutions offered solved the problem? Did you try rebooting after each step, and then attempt to use the Windows Update site...or at least close the browser, then restart it?

Is this the Home version of XP?...if so, "Local Users and Groups" isn't available in the Computer Management Console. You should be following the steps outlined on the page in that second link, under the heading...

0x8024402C or 0x8024502d error codes

Last edited:
tried all that it seems it won't display Hotmail, or Gmail, won't autoupdate Nortons or Ad-Aware

Did you already suggest disabling the firewall (I'm assuming she's running one) long enough to see if she can access the WU site, or run autoupdates?

she isn't running one other than windows, and I stopped that and restarted and still nothing

Back